Making the decision to begin therapy is not an easy one. But it can be one of the best decisions you can make to empower yourself to move beyond unresolved issues or to help find the right path to take. Psychotherapy is a collaborative approach between a therapist and client. I will help you learn more about your condition, your moods, feelings, thoughts and behaviors. Which, in turn, will help you learn how to take control of your life and respond to challenging situations with healthy coping skills.
A native of Atlanta, I attended Holy Innocents’ Episcopal School, Riverwood High School, and The New School. I graduated from Kennesaw State University with a BS in Psychology and then went on to complete my Master’s in Social Work from The University of Kentucky. My first post graduate job was at a community mental health center in rural Tennessee followed by joining the clinical staff at Sheppard Pratt Health Systems in Baltimore, MD. Presently, I am in private practice in the greater Atlanta area of Sandy Springs.
My Specialities include:
I have over 20 years experience working with children ages 4 and up, tweens, teens, young adults, and adults.
- Child and Adolescent Transition– Decreased academic performance, behavior or mood changes, tantrums, anxiety/social anxiety, separation anxiety, ongoing bed wetting, social problems, rebellious behavior including substance abuse, and anger management problems.
- Parent Support – Helping to emotionally support parents, improve parenting skills, and improve family communication.
- Eating Disorders– Binge Eating Disorder (BED), Compulsive Overeating, Disordered Eating, Bulimia, and Anorexia. Including: poor body image, males with eating disorders, maintaining recovery after in-patient treatment, relapse prevention, support for parents and families caring for people with an eating disorder.
- Mood Disorders– Depression, anxiety, social anxiety, and mood dysregulation
- Grief Counseling– Coping with a recent or past death of a loved one, friend or pet, including loss of a child and miscarriage
- Women’s Issues– fertility problems including miscarriage, sexual abuse, and being in an abusive relationship (mentally, physically, or sexually)
- Georgia Society for Clinical Social Work (GSCSW)
- Metro Atlanta Therapists’ Network (MATN)
- Atlanta Eating Disorder Coalition
- National Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders (ANAD)
- National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA)
- International Association of Eating Disorder Professionals- Atlanta chapter (IAEDP).
- Also, a current board member and Founding Director of Eating Disorder Network of Maryland.
For more detailed information, please visit my website: